Halong Bay Heritage Marathon 2020
Registration is no longer available. Thank you.
- For more information about this event, please visit: Halong Bay Heritage Marathon 2020 @ JustRunLah!.
- Build you own runner's portfolio and keep track of your progress with our Free Mobile App - download it here.
- Find tickets for more running and fitness events here.
|Event date:||22 Nov 2020, from: 05.30 am|
|Location:||The Quang Ninh Planning, Fair and Exhibition Center, Ha Long, Vietnam|
|Registration has closed|
Halong Bay Heritage Marathon is one of the biggest, most professional and well-organized international marathons in Vietnam. It is normally held on the last Sunday of November in Halong Bay, the World’s Natural Heritage Site internationally recognized by UNESCO.
The race aims at creating a healthy and active environment for running enthusiasts to challenge themselves as well as to meet and share their experiences. The design of the running courses offers a unique stunning course across Bai Chay Bridge, the longest single span bridge in Southeast Asia, providing runners with a spectacular view from above to the magnificent Halong Bay. The route continues through picturesque spots of mountains and coastal lines along the bay and beautiful fishing villages.
The race starts and finishes at the Quang Ninh Planning, Fair and Exhibition Palace (Cung Quy hoạch Hội chợ và Triển lãm Quảng Ninh) (Address: Tran Quoc Nghien street, Ha Long city, next to the Museum and Library of Ha Long). The Start/Finish Line is at the central beachfront area, allowing easy access from other tourist sites in the area.
Join Halong Bay Heritage Marathon – a convergent place for all running feet and nature lovers.
42 km Race
05:00 am: Runners gather at the Start Line
05:20 am: Warm-up
05:30 am: Race start
09:00 am: Cut-off at turn-around point
10:00 am: Cut-off at 30th km
11:00 am: Cut-off at 35th km
12.00 pm: Cut-off at the Finish Line and Close the race
21 km Race
05:30 am Runners gather at the Start Line
05:50 am Warm-up
06:00 am Race starts
08:00 am Cut-off at turn-around point of 21 km
09:30 am Cut-off at the Finish Line
10 km Race
05:55 am: Runners gather at the Start Line
06:15 am: Warm-up
06:25 am: Race starts
Cut-off time: 08:25 am
5 km Race
06:00 am: Runners gather at the Start Line
06:30 am: Warm-up
06:35 am: Race starts
Cut-off time: N/A
Categories and FeesMarathon
- Race entry only: US$65
- Tour E Package: US$485 [Race entry + 4 nights (share double or twin room) in 4-star hotels, at locations + Land Transportation + Airport Transfer + Daily Breakfasts + 4 Meals + Tour Guide]
- Race entry only: US$55
- Tour E Package: US$470 [Race entry + 4 nights (share double or twin room) in 4-star hotels, at locations + Land Transportation + Airport Transfer + Daily Breakfasts + 4 Meals + Tour Guide]
- Race entry only: US$30
- Tour E Package: US$465 [Race entry + 4 nights (share double or twin room) in 4-star hotels, at locations + Land Transportation + Airport Transfer + Daily Breakfasts + 4 Meals + Tour Guide]
- Race entry only: US$20
- Tour E Package: US$450 [Race entry + 4 nights (share double or twin room) in 4-star hotels, at locations + Land Transportation + Airport Transfer + Daily Breakfasts + 4 Meals + Tour Guide]
- Tour E Package: US$445 [Race entry + 4 nights (share double or twin room) in 4-star hotels, at locations + Land Transportation + Airport Transfer + Daily Breakfasts + 4 Meals + Tour Guide]
Routes / Maps
NOTE: Each winning athlete can only receive one prize, which has a higher rank.
Race Pack Collection Info
Race Kit Pickup time
Available for pickup one to 5 days before the Race Day.
Detail of Race Kit Pickup time will be advised to athletes by email, announced on the website and the official fanpage.
Race Kit Pickup venue
– Will be advised during the first 2 weeks of November by email to all participants;
– Will be announced on the website and the fanpage of Halong Bay Heritage Marathon.
Authorization for Race Kit Pickup
If you cannot collect the Race Kit, please prepare an authorized letter, attach it with a copy of your Registration Confirmation, a copy of passport/ID and pass them to the nominated person so he/she can collect the Race Kit on your behalf.
Please download the Authorized Letter For Race Kit Collection here: https://goo.gl/PfNXAW
Necessary Documents for Race Kit Collection
1) Registration Confirmation with successful payment status;
2) Passport/ID that you have used for Registration, and present it at the Race Kit Pickup Desk.
If you are authorized to collect the Race Kit for someone, please find below the required documents for the pickup
1) Owner’s Registration Confirmation.
2) A copy of his/her passport/ID;
3) Original or scanned Authorization Letter using the official Authorization Form from the Organizer.
- Race Apparel
- Finisher Medal
- Race BIB
- Race Bag (For Full marathon, Half marathon and 10-km only)
- Timing Chip (For Full marathon, Half marathon and 10-km only)
- Event Booklet (For Full marathon, Half marathon, 10-km only)
- Gift from sponsors (if any) for all distances
We will try our best to provide all runners with the right T-shirt size. However, if your T-shirt size runs out, the Organizer will give the next best available size.
Note: On Race Day, no changing will be allowed.
Race Kit includes:
- 01 Race Bag (For Full marathon, Half marathon and 10-km only)
- 01 Timing Chip (For Full marathon, Half marathon and 10-km only)
- 01 Event Booklet (For Full marathon, Half marathon, 10-km only)
- 01 Official T-shirt for all distances
- 01 Bib for all distances
- 01 Finisher Medal for all distances
- Gift from sponsors (if any) for all distances
Tour E Package
HANOI – HALONG BAY – HANOI
Duration: 5 days 4 nights
|Day 1||Hanoi – Arrival|
4-Star Hotel in the Old Quarter of Hanoi:
|Day 2||Hanoi – Halong city (B, L)|
5-Star Hotel in Halong
Meals: Breakfast, lunch, dinner
|08:00: Pickup at your hotel after breakfast
08:30: Drive to Halong City through paddy fields in the Red River Delta.
09:30: Stopover for refreshments
11:00: Arrive at Halong city, check-in hotel and have lunch
14:30 – 15:30:
– Join the briefing for runners hosted by Halong Bay Heritage Marathon Organizers
15:30 – 17:30: Running course tour and enjoy the journey across Halong Bay by Queen cable car
18:30 – 20:00: Carb-loading dinner at the hotel in Halong
20:00 – 21:30:
|Day 3||Halong Marathon – Bhaya Cruises (L, D)|
4-Star Cruise or above
Double/twin cabins on boat
2 days, 1 night
Meals: Breakfast, lunch, dinner
|AM: Breakfast at hotel (for 21-km, 10-km, 5-km)
– Take away breakfast will be prepared for 42-km runners at hotel restaurant
– Run and enjoy Halong Bay Heritage Marathon event04:45: pick up 42-km runners05:30: Start of 42 km05:15: pick up 21-km runners
06:00: Start of 21 km
05:30: pick up 10-km and 5-km runners
06:30: Start of 10 km
06:40: Start of 5 km
11:30 – 12:00: Transport back to hotel with the tour guide after the race to pick up luggage. The guide will take you to Cruise Port.
12:30: Check-in cruise
13:00: Captain Raises Anchor
13:00 – 14:30: Cruising Halong Bay, enjoy Vietnamese & International Buffet Lunch
14:00 – 15:00: Free & Easy
15:00 – 16:00: Guided Shore Excursion to Sung Sot Cave
16:00 – 16:30: Crepe Station on Sundeck and Cruising to Pearl farm
16:30 – 17:30: Kayaking (optional with additional charge) or Swimming at Pearl farm
18:00 – 18:30: Vietnamese Fresh Spring Roll Cooking Class (Sundeck)
18:30 – 19:00: Complimentary Canapés on the Sundeck
19:00 – 21:00: European Dinner Buffet Served (Dress Code: Smart)
21:00 – 22:00: Bills Settlement (optional for drinks)
20:00 – 22:00: Squid Fishing (Seasonal)
20:30 – 23:00:
|Day 4||Halong Bay – Ha Noi (B, L)|
Hotel in the Old Quarter of Hanoi
Meals: Breakfast, lunch
|06:00 – 07:30: Coffee, Tea, Cookies and Muffins Served on the Sundeck (Complimentary)
06:30 – 07:00: Learn the ancient art of Tai Chi on Sundeck
07:00 – 08:00: Visit Pearl farm, kayaking (optional)
09:00 – 9:30: Check out the cabin
09:00 – 10:30:
10:30 – 11:00: Disembarkation
11:00 – 11:15:
16:00: Arrival in Hanoi. Check-in hotel and relax
|Day 5||Ha Noi – Departure|
End of services
- Private tour
- Double/twin rooms at hotel & cruise as indicated in the program
- Meals as indicated in program (B – breakfast, L – lunch, D – dinner)
- Private transportation at places as indicated in the program
- All admission costs at places mentioned in the itinerary
- English-speaking tour guide at places
- Boat trip in Halong Bay
- Registration fees and running kit
- Other meals and drinks and personal expenses
- International airfares and airport taxes
- Single surcharge
- Tip for tour guides & drivers