Hanoi Heritage Marathon 2019
|Event date:||20 Oct 2019, from: 04:30 am|
|Location:||Ly Thai To Park, Hoan Kiem Lake, Hanoi, Vietnam|
|Registration closes:||15 Sep 2019|
More than a thousand years old, Hanoi is a city with a long history. Not only that, Hanoi is the capital of political, economic, cultural, arts and tourism. More than a thousand years of history has left Hanoi hundreds of cultural, architectural, religious, artistic heritage. Its unique has brought pride to every resident of this historical capital. Presenting thousands of years of cultural heritage in tours has always been a good way to attract travellers all over the world.
On the basis of that meaning, Hanoi Heritage Marathon is a connection of modern day sports activities with the glorious, heroic and heritage past of Hanoi. Hanoi Heritage Marathon is a unique way to attract athletes from all over the world.
Hanoi Heritage Marathon is the first marathon run through the old town so that the athletes have a new and interesting experience when it comes to historical values, cultural values, the lives of Hanoians as well as a modern presence through each running step. This is the first marathon to connect three main historical attraction of Hanoi which is “Ho Guom”, “Hong Ha” and West Lake. Therefore, to express the main idea of ”Hanoi – Heritage Marathon”, three famous places are Ho Guom, Long Bien Bridge, West Lake will be connected through the old quarters creating a unique route through the heritage of Hanoi.
Purpose and meaning of the race
To encourage and develop the sports activity in a sustainable and broad way for all ages and classes of Vietnamese people.
To develop the professional, semi-professional and amateur sports activity to improve the health and stature of the Vietnamese people.
Introduce and promote the image of Vietnam in general and in particular, Hanoi the capital with thousand years of civilization, the city of peace with international friends.
Description of the race route
To represent the main idea of running ” Hanoi Heritage Marathon”, 3 famous landmarks are Ho Guom, Long Bien Bridge, West Lake will be connected through the old quarters creating a unique route through heritages of Hanoi.
The Start/Finish Line
• The Start/Finish Line of the race is located in front of Ly Thai To park, the walking street Dinh Tien Hoang Street, Hoan Kiem Lake, Hanoi
• You are required to be at Starting Line 30 minutes before the Start of the races
• Transportation to the Starting Line: You can reach the Starting Line by various transportation methods, such as: taxi, car, bus, motorbike, etc.
The marathon runner participates on his own risk.
By taking the bib number, each runner accepts the Terms and Conditions of Participation
Furthermore, he also declares that he did a health check carried out by a specialist at least 3 months before the race.
Tentative Starting Times
Full Marathon 42km Start at 4.30 a.m
Half Marathon 21km Start at 5.00 a.m
10km Starts at 5.30 a.m
5km Starts at 8.00 a.m
Finishing Time / Cut off time: 11:30 am
Categories and FeesSpecial JRL rates:
42km Heritage Marathon - US$85
21km Heritage Half Marathon - US$70
10km Old Quarters Run - US$25
5km Old Quarters Fun Run - US$15
Age Limits - Please note the following age limits:
• 42km Marathon: Minimum 18 years old on race day.
• 21km Half Marathon: Minimum 18 years old on race day.
• 10km Run: Minimum 18 years old on race day.
• 5km Run: Minimum 12 years old on race day.
Routes / Maps
Hanoi Heritage Marathon is a perfectly flat course, which will lead you to discover The Old Hanoi through its old streets.
Race Pack Collection Info
The Race Kit Pick Up venue and time will be announced during Oct 2019
Date: 19 October 2019
Time: To be announced
Venue: Ly Thai To Park, Hoan Kiem Lake, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Race Apparel
- Finisher Medal
- Race BIB
- Timing Chip
Free Hotel Stay
Free Accommodation Promotion
Eligibility: Overseas runners
Period: July 1 st to July 15, 2019
* Applied for those who register for 21 or 42 km of Hanoi Heritage Marathon
from July 1 st to July 15, 2019
Every single participant who register for 21 or 42km of Hanoi Heritage Marathon
through JustRunLah will be entitled to a free Accommodation package of 2 nights
with below terms and conditions:
- Applied for 21 and 42 registration only
- 2 nights at 3-star hotel (within walking distance to Start
- Shared room
- Check-in 19/10/2019; Check-out 21/10/2019
- Daily breakfast
- The Organizer reserves the right to arrange a hotel and room for
participants on a shared room basis
- If the participant wants to share a room with a particular
partner, he has to inform the Organizer by email before 15 Sep 2019
with participants’ names and passport numbers
- The promotion will end without notice if the number of
50 participants is reached.