Let’s Take A Walk 2022
Registration is no longer available. Thank you.
- For more information about this event, please visit: Let’s Take A Walk 2022 @ JustRunLah!.
- Build you own runner's portfolio and keep track of your progress with our Free Mobile App - download it here.
- Find tickets for more running and fitness events here.
|Event date:||27 Aug 2022, from: 07.00 am|
|Registration has closed|
|Notes:||For physical event, the registration closes on 2 August 2022 (Tuesday)|
Let’s Take A Walk (LTAW) is a non-profit endurance walking event organised by a group of volunteers from Raleigh Singapore who share the conviction to Pay It Forward. First started in 1997, this 100% volunteer-organised event challenges participants to push their mental and physical limits while benefitting worthy causes.
Let’s Take a Walk 2022 is themed Caring to Go the Distance in support of the key beneficiary Caregivers Alliance Limited (Singapore), to show that we will go the distance for caregivers of persons with mental health issues. We hope that it captures society’s collective effort to be more aware of the needs of caregivers amongst us.
The physical event will be held on the weekend of 27-28 August 2022, and includes three categories: 20km JalanWalk; 50km PowerWalk and 100km XtremeWalk. The routes will bring participants to all parts of Singapore, including Singapore’s park connector network, offering a fun and different way of exploring our island. We hope to attract 1,700 walkers for this year’s physical event.
This year, we will also have a virtual walking event from 13 August to 26 August 2022, wrapping up before the weekend of the physical walk. This means participants can take part from wherever they are in the world, and they can cover their chosen category distance over several shorter walks if they wish to.
This year, the LTAW team aims to raise $145,000 through registration fees and donations. All proceeds (less operating costs) will be donated to Caregivers Alliance Limited (Singapore) to support caregivers of persons with mental health issues.
- Participant T-Shirt (unless opt-out option is selected)
- 100KM Finisher T-Shirt (For 100KM Physical category validated finishers only)
* Note: 100km Finisher T-Shirt is only for physical category participants. Participants who signed up for the virtual 100km category will NOT be entitled to the 100km Finisher T-Shirt.
Participant T-Shirt (unless opt-out option is selected)
100KM Finisher T-Shirt
(Available for physical walk participants who completed the event only)
13 August 2022 (Saturday): Start of Virtual Event
26 August 2022 (Friday): End of Virtual Event
27 August 2022 (Saturday)
– 07.00 am: Flag off of 100km category
– 07.00 am: Flag off of 50km – Day category
– 08.00 am: Flag off of 20km – Saturday category
– 10.00 pm: Flag off of 50km – Night category
28 August 2022 (Sunday)
– 07.30 am: Flag off of 20km – Sunday category
Categories and Fees
* Early bird price is valid until 3 July 2022.
** All proceeds (less operating costs) will be donated to Caregivers Alliance Limited (Singapore) to support caregivers of persons with mental health issues.
*** Registration is non-refundable, non-exchangeable and non-transferrable.
Routes / Maps
Race Pack Collection Info
T-Shirt Collection Information
Details of Participant T-Shirt collection will be sent via email.
- Collection date is 13 August 2022 for physical walk participants.
- For virtual walk participants
i) if you signed up on/before 31 July 2022, your T-Shirt collection dates will be 13 August 2022.
ii) if you signed up from 1 August onwards, please look out for the collection email. Tentatively, the T-Shirt collection will be held in September 2022, after you have completed the walk.
Note: There will be no mailing of Participant T-Shirt locally or overseas. Any participant who is unable to make it for the collection date can authorise someone to collect on their behalf.
FAQs about Registration and Mode of Payment
1. What are the modes of payment available to me?
All participants must pay through JustRunLah’s payment methods. (Visa, Mastercard, American Express and PayPal).
2. Will I get a confirmation email?
Your email receipt from JustRunLah will serve as your confirmation email.
All participants will receive further updates via email informing them of pre-event briefings, training walks, and the details for the actual day event.
3. Can I make registration and payment on the day of the walk?
No. We do not accept registration or payment on the day of the walk. The deadline for registration is 31 July 2022.
4. How much is the registration fee?
Early Bird Rate*
Early Bird Rate*
* Early bird rate ends on 30 June 2022
FAQs about the event
1. What are the categories available for this year’s LTAW?
We have both physical and virtual categories available.
- Virtual categories include 20km, 50km, and 100km.
- Physical categories
- 100km, complete within 33 hours
- 50km, complete within 16 hours
- 20km, complete within 6 hours
2. I do not live in Singapore, can I still register and participate in the virtual category?
Yes, you can register for the virtual category and walk anywhere in the world. All participants must pay through JustRunLah’s payment methods (Visa, Mastercard, American Express and PayPal).
3. When is Let’s Take A Walk 2022?
Let’s Take A Walk 2022 (physical edition) will be held from 27 August to 28 August 2022. The virtual edition will be held from 13 August to 26 August 2022.
4. How long is the walk?
Let’s Take a Walk 2022 consists of three walks: 100km, 50km and 20km. Participants must complete the 100km course within 33 hours from the start time, the 50km course within 16 hours from the start time, and the 20km course within 6 hours from the start time.
5. Do I take part as an individual or as part of a team?
Registration is done as individual participants. However, for safety reasons and for camaraderie to keep you going along the walk, we highly encourage you to form up and walk your chosen distance as a team.
6. What are the start and end times of Let’s Take A Walk 2022?
|Category||Flag off Timing/ Date|
|20km||08:00, 27 Aug 2022|
|20km||07:30, 28 Aug 2022|
|50km Morning||07:00, 27 Aug 2022|
|50km Night||22:00, 27 Aug 2022|
|100km||07:00, 27 Aug 2022|
All walks should end by 16:00, 28 August 2022. More details to follow via email at a later date.
7. Where does each category start and end?
The start and end points will be either at the central area, Safra Punggol or Safra Tampines. Details will be updated via email at a later date. Alternatively, you can check the website for updates closer to the date of the event.
8. What happens if we cannot complete the route in the specified times?
Each participant must reach a stipulated checkpoint by a cut-off time otherwise they may not complete the course in time. Any participant who does not reach the stipulated checkpoint by the cut-off time, the said participant will not be allowed to continue with the walk. The Organisers’ decision is final so start training!
9. Who can participate in Let’s Take A Walk 2022?
The event is open to anyone who feels he or she is up to the challenge. We do require parental consent for participants below 18 years of age on 28 August 2022. The parental consent form must be downloaded here and sent within 5 days after the registration closing date 31 July 2022. An adult must accompany participants below 12 for the entire event.
10. Do I have to be fit to participate in any of the walks?
“Let’s Take A Walk 2022” is not a competitive event and walking is a relatively low impact sport compared to running. Nevertheless, walking 50km and 100km continuously is a physical and mental challenge to anyone and does require a certain level of fitness. If you have any doubts about your health and fitness, please consult your doctor or health specialists before signing up.
11. Is there a baggage storage area at the start of the walk for us to keep our bags?
There will not be any baggage storage area. Participants are strongly advised to go light for ease of walking. Alternatively, you can rally your friends to form support teams to replenish your supplies along the route.
12. Can I bring my child along in a pram?
The use of prams is strongly discouraged due to safety reasons.
13. Can I rollerblade or cycle during the walk instead?
Let’s Take A Walk 2022 is strictly a walking event. Participants are required to walk by foot the entire route. To ensure the safety of all the participants, rollerblading and cycling are prohibited.
14. Will I get any ‘goodies’, t-shirts, vouchers, freebies etc, along with my participation?
The registration fee includes a unisex event tee-shirt (there’s an opt out option should you not feel the need to receive an event t-shirt). Finishers of the 100km physical walk will also receive a Finisher’s Tee. There is strictly no changing of tee-shirt sizes once registered.
15. Will food & drinks be provided for participants in the long walk?
Let’s Take A Walk 2022 is a self-supported event. Participants are encouraged to organise their own logistical support and ensure they have enough food and water along the course. Alternatively, there are numerous convenience stores (e.g. 7-11, Cheers), coffee shops, eateries along the route, where you could purchase food and water from.
Where possible, food and water will be provided at selected points along the routes – however, this is not guaranteed for all checkpoints and all participants.
16. Can we stop and rest for meals, drinks during the 50km & 100km walk?
Yes, of course! You can stop and rest to refuel at any time as long as you complete your walk within 33 hours for 100km and within 15 hours for 50km. However, if you decides to take an extended break, do inform the organisers, via the phone number printed on the number bib or the walk marshals, so that we know you are still participating. Also, do note that the event ends at 1600hr on 28 August 2022, so the clock is always ticking!
17. Can we sleep during the long walks?
We discourage sleep-walking as you will be a hazard to other participants and members of the public. Seriously, some do take naps and some do not. It’s really up to you! The personal challenge is yours and as a participant, you are free to strategise your route and sleeping plans with fellow walkers.
Remember, “Let’s Take A Walk 2022” is a non-competitive event. We are here to have fun! Again, if you decide to take an extended break, please inform the organisers via the number printed on the number bib or the walk marshals so that the volunteers can continue to look out for you.
18. Must I have a support team?
The use of a support team is highly recommended for participants taking part in the 100km and 50km walk. You are advised to travel as light as possible. If you have a support team, they can meet you at the checkpoints with food, drinks, change of clothes, night gear, massages and moral support.
19. Is the end point open to the public?
Oh yes, of course! Get your boyfriend(s), girlfriend(s), husband, wife, parents, children, siblings, relatives, colleagues, neighbours, pets…..(the list goes on!) to witness your triumphant return at the end point!
20. What are the most common types of injuries observed in previous events?
Foot blisters and sore muscles are the most common types of injuries observed in previous events especially for participants in the long walks. It is important to have ample rest the day before the walk events. Doing warm-up helps to prevent muscle cramps during the walk. To prevent serious conditions like heat exhaustion or heat stroke, we always encourage the participants to hydrate themselves sufficiently and rest whenever required. KNOWING YOUR LIMIT is important! Adequate training and consultation with your doctor and health specialist before the walk are also critical to prevent injuries during the walk.
Read what our past participants have to say for a better idea of what to expect!
21. What type of safety support will be provided for the walk?
Before the event, participants in the 50km and 100km walks will be given a safety briefing during the designated final briefing session. Stay tuned for updates on the date of the final briefing. During the actual event, there will be a mass warm up before the start of each walk and there will be dedicated first aid support teams throughout the event. Basic first aid facilities are also available at selected checkpoint stations. Finally, participants are advised to carry basic first aid items like plasters, muscle rub, bandage and cotton wool on their own.
22. What if I get injured and I am unable to finish the walk?
Please contact the event staff or the Organisers (via the number printed on the number bib).
23. What facilities are available at the checkpoints?
The checkpoints are essentially basic stations to allow participants to check-in their arrival timing and have a quick rest before they proceed with their journey. Facilities at selected checkpoints include basic first aid facilities. Most checkpoints will have spacious areas to give you the opportunity to meet up with your support team.
FAQs about the routes
1. Where are we walking?
Details of the final routes are not available at this moment as we are still fine-tuning the planned routes.
For safety considerations and to enhance the enjoyment of walkers, we are designing the route along the many park connectors. In situations where park connectors are not available, the participants may have to walk on pedestrian pavements. The finalised details will be updated via email and website at a later date.
2. Would there be any water stations throughout the routes?
Participants are strongly advised to make their own arrangements (i.e. their support teams) for their personal water consumption throughout the walks. There are convenience stores (e.g. 7-11, Cheers), coffee shops, eateries along the route which you can purchase food and water from.
3. Will the routes of Let’s Take A Walk 2022 be closed to traffic?
The routes have been planned such that it causes minimal disturbance to the public. As such, the routes would not be closed to traffic.
4. Is there transportation before and after the event?
Participants would have to make their own transportation arrangements before and after the event as no special transportation arrangements would be made.
FAQs about training
1. Will there be any training sessions before the actual event?
Yes, in order to get our participants ready for the walks, free training walks will be scheduled, covering portions of the routes on the actual event day. Attending the training walks is not compulsory, but we strongly encourage participants for the 100km and 50km walk to take part.
Look out for preparation tips and events on LTAW website and social media channels!
2. Will we be sufficiently prepared by attending all the training walks and clinics?
The training walks and clinics are meant to assist in your preparation and complement your training plan. They are not meant to replace your own preparation. All participants are encouraged to conduct their own training and preparation so as to have an enjoyable experience during the event.
Note: Walk format is subject to prevailing safe management measures during the event.
FAQs about the virtual walk category
1. When and where will I need to complete my Let’s Take a Walk 2022 virtual category?
You can complete your walk anywhere outdoors, at a location of your choice, at any time or date between 13-26 August 2022 2359h. The virtual walk offers you the opportunity to participate within your own community space. Walk along your favourite route or look out for new routes you can explore.
In Singapore, we encourage you to walk along the park connector networks.
A walk clock from 13 August 2022 to 26 August 2022 will be accepted in the submission. All submissions to be uploaded to the website (instructions in the registration email) by 26 August 2022, 11.59pm. If you are unable to upload by the deadline, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
2. What happens if I cannot complete the distance in one go?
You are not required to complete the distance in one session to be considered a finisher. You can accumulate your distance over multiple walks.
3. Can I complete my walk on a treadmill or indoors?
No, you will need to walk outdoors at a location with a good GPS signal, as you are required to keep track of your walk through a GPS running device or GPS running app. You may even walk around your house but walking indoors on a treadmill unfortunately will not register on a GPS app.
- Let’s Take A Walk (“LTAW”) 2022 is organised by the Raleigh Singapore (the “Organisers”) in accordance with these Rules & Regulations (“R&R”) applicable to the Participants. They can also be found at letstakeawalk.sg(“Official Website”) and the JustRunLah website.
- “Official medical staff” refers to medical professionals and Red Cross volunteers, “Event Organiser” refers to the LTAW committee, “Checkpoint ICs” refers to volunteers recruited by LTAW to help with the checkpoints, “Walk marshals” refer to volunteers recruited by LTAW to monitor the walk progress of Participants and “Event staff” refers to all volunteers and helpers recruited by LTAW to help with the event, including Checkpoint ICs, Walk marshals, Red Cross volunteers.
- The Participant, who has registered to take part in LTAW 2022, is deemed to have given written permission to the Organisers to collect, analyse and collate any personal information relating to that Participant, as the Organisers may at their sole discretion deem fit, for the Organisers’ programme, planning, data-processing, statistical or risk-analysis, research, fund-raising and/or, any other purposes defined by the Organisers.
- The Organisers reserve the right to contact the participants via phone or e-mail for additional information required for matters relating to this event. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the Organisers shall be deemed as received by the Participant.
- Registration for the event is only confirmed after the Organisers receive the correct payment.
- Participants must sign up through the JustRunLah website no later than 31 July 2022. Registration will not be accepted on the event day itself. JustRunLah is the service provider which the Organiser has engaged to help with registration and the virtual edition of LTAW 2022.
- Participants will receive an email acknowledgement after completing the registration form and making payment. Participants are to contact the service provider (email@example.com) if they do not receive the email acknowledgement.
- Payments are to be made electronically and are non-refundable. Manual payments will not be accepted.
- The Participant agrees to: (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the Participant contained in the registration form (the “Registration Data”); (ii) maintain the security of the Participant’s password and identification; and (iii) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. Otherwise, the Organisers may suspend or terminate the Participant’s registration.
- The Organisers reserve the right to amend the R&R from time to time as it deems fit. If there is ambiguity in the R&R, the Organisers’ interpretation is final and in so doing, they will take into account the interests of all the affected Participants. Any amendments to the R&R will be updated on the Official Website.
- The Organisers reserve the right to close registration before 31 July 2022 should participation reaches its capacity before the specified date.
- Completion of the online registration form confirms the Participant’s agreement to abide by these R&R of LTAW 2022.
- The Organisers reserve the right to use any photographs (including those of Participants), motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records of the LTAW 2022, for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising.
- Walkers must scan the QR code at every checkpoint to complete the Event. The Organiser’s decision on the completion of the Event or any other results or outcome of the Event shall be final and conclusive.
- Whilst reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organisers to ensure the Participants’ safety, Participants taking part in LTAW 2022 do so at their own risk and the Organisers shall not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or participating in LTAW 2022.
- The Organisers shall not be liable for any loss and/or damage, whether personal or otherwise, and howsoever arising.
- A Participant must retire from the event immediately if required to do so by any member of the official medical staff, Event organisers and checkpoint ICs. Participants are strongly encouraged to consult their medical practitioner before participating in LTAW 2022.
- There are no road closures for LTAW 2022 to minimise disturbance to the public. Therefore, participants are reminded to abide by traffic rules and rules stipulated by NParks (see link) and by any venue used by LTAW 2022. The Organisers shall not be responsible for any wilful behaviour such as jaywalking or any acts that endanger or cause any inconvenience to fellow road and park users.
- If for any reason that Participant need to leave the event urgently, they shall update the Organisers immediately via the emergency number.
- The Participant must contact the Organisers (via the number printed on the bib) at the next checkpoint, if they intended to leave the event prematurely or temporarily. To resume the walk, the Participant must return to the same checkpoint (applicable only to 50KM or 100KM) before the retirement.
- The form on the reverse side of the Participant’s Bib must be fully and accurately completed. Participants must attach the assigned Bib on the front of their running attire for the ease of identification by event staff and checkpoint ICs in case of emergency.
- All participants must be at the designated start point 30 minutes before the start of LTAW 2022.
- Participants should walk on the designated path for the entire route and observe traffic flow.
- Participants are encouraged to have a support crew and be self-sufficient. The support crew is responsible for providing participants with all their food, water and changes of clothes etc. during the event.
- Participants are advised to carry and wear appropriate clothing for any weather conditions.
DO NOT LITTER
- Participants and support crew must respect the environment and use the waste and recycling bins along the route or at the checkpoints.
- Participants are responsible for their own safety throughout the walk and agree to the indemnity conditions (in Paragraph 13) upon submission of registration.
- Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the walking route for all categories.
CANCELLATION AND AMENDMENTS
- There will be no fee refund if LTAW 2022 is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances (e.g. bad weather, NEA advisory against outdoor activities etc), or participants choose to withdraw from the event if there are changes in event details (e.g. change in flag-off time, route plans) relating to the safety of the Participants.
- The Organisers reserve the right to cancel the LTAW 2022 at any time without prior notice to the Participant, in which case they will make reasonable effort to inform the Participant prior to the date of the event. If the LTAW 2022 is cancelled, there shall be no refund of fees paid and the Organisers shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused.
- The Organisers reserve the right to amend the LTAW 2022 walking routes as they deem fit for the safety of the Participant and/or to prevent any potential hazards at any time without prior notice to the Participant. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the Participant prior to the day/date of the event. The Organisers shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused due to such changes.
- Registration is strictly non-refundable, nonexchangeable and non-transferrable.
- Participants below the age of 18 (as at the date of completion of the event, namely 28 August 2022) are required to seek parental/guardian consent by filling out the parent consent forms. The parent consent form MUST be duly signed by the parent or legal guardian of the participant. Please return the duly signed parental consent form via email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 working days after 31 July 2022. Failure to do so will result in the said participant not being allowed to participate in LTAW 2022.
- For Participants who are unlikely to reach a checkpoint or end point within the stipulated closure times as indicated on the website and/or participant handbook, the Participant MUST contact the Organiser using the hotline provided in the participant handbook.
COLLECTION OF EVENT PACK
- All Participants must collect their Event Pack, which includes the Bib, during the final briefing. (Venue and date of the briefing to be confirmed through email & information will also be made available on the official website “http://www.letstakeawalk.sg”.
- All Participants are required to produce their Confirmation Slip for the collection of the Event Packs. There is strictly no changing of t-shirt sizes once registered.
- For Group collection of Event Packs, a representative can be authorised by filling out the letter of authorisation form for the collection of the Event Packs.
- Participant handbooks will be made available on the official website.
- Late collection will not be entertained and the Organisers shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused, due to Participants’ inability to collect their Event Pack. For avoidance of doubt, the Organisers are not obliged to schedule an alternate collection date to ensure that the Participants receive their Event Pack. At all times, it is the responsibility of the Participants to collect their Event Pack on the final briefing day.
USE OF YOUR DATA
- All Participants data will never be sold or exchanged. Raleigh Singapore will only use it to share news and information about Raleigh Singapore’s updates and events, including future editions of LTAW.
- By participating in this virtual challenge, you accept that JustRunLah! (the appointed event partner) can contact you to confirm your entry and keep you updated on the progress of your participation.
- After completing your walk, take a screenshot of the walk statistics (via a tracking app) and upload it onto the JustRunLah! online portal. If your upload cannot be validated, it will be deemed as incomplete and will not be clocked. If you experience any difficulty in uploading your walk details, please contact JustRunLah! at email@example.com.
- A walk clocked from 13 August 2022 to 26 August 2022 will be accepted in the submission. All submissions to be uploaded to the website (instructions in the registration email) by 28 August 2022, 11.59pm. If you are unable to upload by the deadline, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- If for any reason, all or part of the event is not capable of being executed as planned, or infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, action of entrants, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Organiser, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this event, the Organiser reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any entry or entrant and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the event (in whole or in part), as the Organiser determine in their sole discretion.
- Photographs/videos/artwork uploaded by participants should not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph.
IMPORTANT: All information published herein or on www.letstakeawalk.sg is subjected to change or expiration without notice. Please check back regularly for the latest information and update.
* Please only start your activity and upload from 13 to 26 August 2022.